Wednesday, June 27, 2007

June 26, 2007 (for Jessica!)

Okay, so, since Jessica scolded me for not updating, here's the newest update.

Since I've recently started working (the day after Memorial Day was my interview, and I started work the next week, if I remember correctly), things have been really hectic. Fortunately, we have a wonderful daycare provider who is very flexible and doesn't get too exasperated by my scatterbrained last-minute needs, or my late arrivals. She and her daughters absolutely love Brianna, and I am very happy with the arrangement.

So the latest news is, we started Brianna on her feeding pump around the clock. She ran out of Prevacid and it took a while for the doctor to authorize a refill. So she was out for a few days. Because I didn't want her to suffer from the lack, I decided to give the around-the-clock pumping a try. The doctors have been urging it, because it will help get more formula into her, but I was hesitant because she is such a squirmy little thing, I was afraid she'd pull it out. She has done excellently! We just tape down the tube securely, prop up the pump beside her in its little backpack, and let her play! If she's doing therapy or anything, of course she comes unplugged. But for the most part, she stays hooked up to it. Sue, the DCP, is okay with the pump, though she won't put her down for a nap while she is hooked up to it. She would be entirely too worried if she did, so I told her, if she isn't comfortable with it, then that's fine. But I am very anxious to see if Brianna has made any significant weight gains since we started her on the pump full time.

Oh, we went to the zoo on Sunday, as well. It was a lot of fun. We went with a friend (maybe someday more?), Evan, and his ten year old daughter, Kara, and we had a blast. Kara absolutely loves Brianna. Who doesn't? She was very curious, and asked a lot of questions about her condition, about her tube, and all sorts of stuff. She's such a smart girl! She definitely made the trip more enjoyable! I hope to get to spend some time with them again soon. I can honestly say, Evan is the type of guy I am looking for. He isn't needy. He is steady, honest, and loving. And he is a Christian, which is awesome. He doesn't have any illegal habits, or any legal addictions, either, unless you count that triple shot espresso he HAS to have in the morning :-P. Oh, and did I mention that he is a Vin Diesel look-alike? Oh, baby, that in itself is enough to make your heart skip a beat! But add in the facts of his personality and his utter devotion to his family, and you've got one amazing guy. Let's just say I REALLY hope I get to see more of him in the future :-D. And I didn't mean that in the LITERAL sense, you nasties!

1 comment:

* ~ *Jessica* ~ * said...

THANKS! Glad you *love* me!! hehe I NEED you to post some zoo pictures now (ok, really just some Evan pics!) :) I'm anxious to know if Brianna's weight it increasing! Let us know! HUGS!

Siggie

Siggie
Photobucket