Sunday, August 24, 2008

August 24, 2008 - Long Awaited....Brianna's Chair!

All right. As promised, here are pics of Brianna and her new wheelchair. It's a Zippie Tilt 'n Space. Though it's a genuine pain in the butt to load into the back of my car (I'll take pics of that later, so you can see what I mean...), Brianna and I both love it. So does the daycare provider. Brianna spends most of her time in her wheelchair while she's at daycare. Wed-Fri, I leave the chair there, so that she can use it there, and on the other days, it's at home with us. She loves to sit and watch whatever is going on around her. If Doris or I are cooking, she likes to watch. She loves watching her cartoons from that vantage point. She can see faces better, she can see things that are higher up. She can reach better, is cushioned and comfortable. Doris actually told me I need to find a Mon-Fri job, so that she can watch Bri five days a week, rather than just three, she loves her that much. But, since Bri has therapy during the week, having a Mon-Fri 9-5 job isn't feasible. So, our arrangement works for us, for now.



It even has her name embroidered on the back of the seat....see?

No comments:

Siggie

Siggie
Photobucket