Sunday, February 3, 2008

February 2/3, 2008 - Vent!

Okay, I absolutely have to vent. I can't take it anymore. I need to release some pressure before I run screaming.

Let me preface this by saying I love my sister. And I love Caitlyn, our houseguest. But I am getting SO SICK AND TIRED of cleaning up after them. My house is no longer my own. I never have help with the cleaning. The pathway between the front door and the living room is overflowing with our "houseguest's" belongings. The pantry door is blocked with stuff. There is crap all over the place. I don't get to sleep in my own bed at night. I have to fight to use my own damn computer. I have to fight to sit on my own damn couch. I'm being eaten out of house and home! I haven't seen my bedroom floor in weeks! Since Christmas, probably. Again I say, I love my sister. But I am so tired of having to clean up after her! Having to spend money that should be spent on Brianna for things for her because she blows her money clubbing or doing other things that she doesn't need to do. Yesterday, I spent $200 on groceries, I gave her $20, put gas in her gas tank, mailed $20 worth of packages for her, bought her two new bras because she needed them. Then she had the nerve to get pissed off at me this evening because I didn't want to loan her $20 to go clubbing with her friend! First of all, she goes out entirely too much. Second of all, even if she does get paid on Friday, I really can't afford to be giving her money to go clubbing. If her friend wants to go out so badly, SHE can loan her the money! I don't want to support her drinking habits! In the end, I did end up loaning her $10 to go out, because she was sulking, and I didn't want to deal with her being crabby and sulky all night tonight. I am just so sick and tired of dealing with it all.

Oh, and to top it all off, there's my houseguest. Really, she's a sweet girl. But I just can't take it. She's been here for three days. Her stuff is in my front hallway, so if there was a fire, I'd trip over it to get out. Her stuff is also strewn all over my livingroom. She hasn't tried finding anyplace else to stay, or a job or anything, just sits around. She hasn't done any housework whatsoever, and I'm sick of it! She needs to find someplace else to go tomorrow, by Monday at the latest. I'm not going to deal with it any longer than that.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Wow Melinda. That is too bad. Maybe you need to show her this blog to show how much this is upsetting you. I'm glad you were able to vent though, hope you feel a little better.

* ~ *Jessica* ~ * said...

Girl... Thursday can't some soon enough, eh?! Hopefully she really leaves then! Tell your sis to pick up some hours and pay you back! She has a job! Invent a chore list! You aren't there Momma!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

That sucks! I had no idea she had a friend there staying with you all. Here I was thinking she is such a great help with Brianna. I agree-the "houseguest" has got to go and a chore list is in order for your sister! Put your foot down! Maybe THEN it would be semi-reasonable for her to ask for a loan.

Anonymous said...

You're allowed to be frustrated about you're houseguests (siblings too, for that matter)... Kind of a time-honored tradition, I think.

Siggie

Siggie
Photobucket