Monday, March 3, 2008

March 3, 2008 - I've been TAGGED!

Okay, so I was reading Jessica's blog, and she got tagged. She had to tag four other people. I was one of them. Dunno when she planned to tell me, but this is a preemptive strike, so she doesn't have to :-P.

10 years ago-- I was 14, it was the tail end of my freshman year of high school. If we're talking exactly ten years ago, down to minutes and seconds, there's probably a 95% chance I was at Alysha Howell's house, or she was at mine. Either way, we were probably together. Probably looking at her new 4-H pigs.

5 Things on my to do list today were:
Umm...nothing, really. Today was a pretty uneventful day. Let's see if I can think of five things.
1. Eat a bowl of multigrain cheerios
2. Check the mail (My Sister's Keeper STILL isn't here, Jess...darned mail system!)
3. Put Brianna down for a nap
4. Read my book
5. Listen to music

Things I would do if I were suddenly a Billionaire:
Buy a house...a nice one. Buy a new car. Invest some money in some good stocks. Pay off my student loans and other debts. Buy my parents a house and new cars. Track down Brianna's father and kick him in the pants. Haven't decided if I'd kick him in the front of his pants or the rear yet. Take a few more classes to finish my degree, Buy a professional photography studio set up, and take classes to learn to do it well. Put my sister through school. Make sure that Brianna has everything she needs. Hire a maid. Unlike Jessica, I HATE cleaning, and as long as I don't SEE it being done in a way other than my way, I'm fine. And then I'd have money left over to go on a major shopping spree, after liposuction or something :-P

3 of my bad habits:
1. I clear my throat constantly when I'm nervous
2. I'm a packrat
3. I tend to complain a lot

Jobs I've had:
1. Cashier at a grocery store
2. Stock replenishment at JC Penney's
3. Nanny
4. Nursery attendant/director
5. Volunteer Activities Coordinator
6. Clerk/manager at a convenience store
7. Med Aide/Caregiver at an assisted living facility
8. Caregiver at an Adult Foster Home
9. Dietary Aide at a convalescent facility

5 Things people don't know about me:
1. I still have copies of most of the papers and speeches I wrote in high school, and all of the ones I wrote in college.
2. I've submitted a short story to a literary magazine for publication...it wasn't published, but I did submit it.
3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE music. Almost all kinds.
4. If I know a song, I HAVE to sing along. It's a compulsion. Be it singing along to The Backyardigans, Queen, Eminem, or Garth Brooks.
5. A couple of young Mormon guys just knocked on my door. I sent them away. I get Mormons or Jehovah's Witnesses knocking on my door at least once a year....I'm a Baptist.

Now I have to tag four people of my own.... I think that will be....Claudia, Lisa, Dawn, and Ellen.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Melinda - I enjoyed reading those. We have quite a few similarities. Thanks for tagging me. I have to go play now.

Alabaster Mom said...

Thanks for the tag. I'll do it tomorrow, I promise! Loved the recent photos, by the way.

* ~ *Jessica* ~ * said...

Did you forget, MOVE TO ARKANSAS?????? Ahhh, turd! Love the new photos on facebook BTW.

Barbara said...

I just wanted to stop by and thank you for your comments on my blog today. I've been reading yours too for a while and have been so touched by your story. You've had such a difficult time and have handled it so well. Brianna is a beautiful girl and looks a lot like you - she has the most amazing eyes.

I often wonder if I would be better off not remembering so much about the accident. I just don't know and I guess it doesn't matter. What happened is something that can't be changed. All we can do is our best.

Anyway, thanks again for your comments and your warm welcome to the cp board. I look forward to reading more about your story!

Siggie

Siggie
Photobucket