Sunday, January 20, 2008

January 20, 2008 - Just updating

Okay, so Brianna has been on the baclofen for a little over a week now, and we have increased her dosage to 10mg a day, and she seems to be doing well. She's been falling asleep at about 5:30-6:00pm on the living room floor lately, though that is probably because I haven't been putting her down for a nap like I should. Tomorrow, though, we are going over to Mary's, and she'll take a nap over there.

Mary had surgery this past Wednesday, and tomorrow is her first day back to work. She can only sit down for fifteen minutes at a time, then has to stand up and walk around for three to five minutes. Needless to say, she hasn't much felt like doing housework. So tomorrow, I'm going over to vacuum her floors and do whatever else I might bumble across. I also plan to do some baking. I just LOVE Mary's kitchen. I can't resist baking there when I get the opportunity. I'll be making cinnamon scones and blueberry scones.

Anyway, back on track. Brianna had focus group this past Wednesday, too. And it was so awesome! By just giving her something to push off of, the therapist had Brianna actually making progress across the mat! After group, though, we ended up having our IFSP meeting. The entire time I was talking with the therapists and the coordinator, Brianna was squealing and kicking, and twisting around, trying to get ahold of the coordinator's papers, or any pant leg she could get ahold of. She was just so spunky and happy! And in the end, we discussed plans to send Brianna to preschool this upcoming fall. We've pretty much determined that she'll go to a specialized class, rather than a community class. But just to make sure it's the right decision, I'll be going to observe a couple different classrooms to determine which one will be the best fit for her. I'm so excited about it!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Hi Melinda! How awesome about preschool this fall. I'm sure you'll be a nervous wreck sending her off. Sounds like she has made some good progress lately. Yay Brianna!

* ~ *Jessica* ~ * said...

Hey- didn't you say you were updating this like yesterday?! It's the 26th... :) Luv ya!!

Siggie

Siggie
Photobucket