Wednesday, January 2, 2008

January 2, 2008 - Baby's Christmas

Here it is, the second day of the new year, and I haven't updated my blog since December 14th. I think it's about time, isn't it?

Brianna and I had a wonderful Christmas. It was really nice to have my sister here for the holidays for a change. And it was almost as nice to be able to do a significant amount of cooking and baking for a change. The last couple of Christmases with Bob and Mary, I've felt so useless when it comes to Christmas dinner. I was allowed to bake cookies or make a fruit salad, but never much else. I think, as much as I love her, it's because Mary is a bit of a control freak. But this year, she had to work on Christmas Eve. So I was able to do some of the cooking. Not much. Just the green bean casserole. But I also got to bake the pumpkin pies. It was a small step, but it felt so good to feel useful for a change! As if I were contributing, not just hanging on the edges. I hate feeling like I'm on the edge of everything, looking through the glass, observing everyone else doing things.

Anyway, for Christmas, Brianna got some great toys, some jammies, a Vsmile Baby, a Fisher Price Drop and Roar Dinosaur, and a couple of other VTech toys. Damien bought the dinosaur, and I was so proud of him for it! It's a great toy, one that I had wanted for Brianna. It will help so much in the coming months for developing her sense of cause and effect, her fine motor skills of grasping and reaching, and even her ability to sit up. Damien, I know you're reading this. You did a great job. You always do a great job with Brianna, whether it's taking care of her, or buying her gifts. You're a great daddy, and I'm proud of you. We are both very fortunate to have you in our lives.

Well...I guess I had better go for now. I have to be up early to shower and get ready to head up to Portland for another round of appointments. Hope you all had a Merry Christmas, and I hope your New Year has gotten off to a great start!

No comments:

Siggie

Siggie
Photobucket