Wednesday, January 9, 2008

January 9, 2008 - Crawling, and finally some progress with the wheelchair

Well, today we had Focus Group in the morning. It was the first time in about two months that we have seen our PT, Eileen, so it was a good day to go. For the first 2/3 or so of the session, Brianna was the only toddler there. Which means she got lots of special attention, which, of course, she loves. We talked about her progress attempting to crawl, her tone management clinic appointment on Friday, and her manual wheelchair. Eileen and I couldn't decide if we had actually met with the woman who does measurements for a wheelchair or not. She insists we have, that we took Brianna's measurements and talked about what type of chair she will need. However, I have absolutely no recollection of any meetings with a heavy set woman with dark blonde hair :-P.

I would like to think I'm not going crazy at my advanced age of 24 years, but, sadly, it is highly possible. I find that, lately, I have difficultly distinguishing dreams from reality, at times. Ex.: I dream about receiving a letter regarding Brianna's therapy, or an increase in my rent. Both events are commonplace things that have happened in the past. But after a couple days, my memory is so fuzzy that I really can't remember if I really DID receive that letter and just threw it away, or if I dreamed the whole thing. Weird, I know. It makes me wonder if maybe I don't have some memory issues from the knock on the head I received in our car accident. It isn't the first time I've wondered about that. I have difficulty with concentration, memory, focus, and my attention span has shrunk to virtually nonexistent at times.

Anyway, back on track here...whether or not we have had a meeting about Brianna's wheelchair or not, we wouldn't begin applying to insurance for it until next month anyway, for two reasons. First of all, we can't start applying for her wheelchair until 3 months before her 3rd birthday. Secondly, since we are going up to the tone management clinic, that might have an effect on the type of wheelchair she needs. We are hoping to get some sort of baclofen, either in an oral dose or in a pump (an oral dose would be my preference) for her, which would drastically change her tone, and in turn, change the type of wheelchair she would need. Oh, I can't wait to get this started! Let's get the ball rolling!

No comments:

Siggie

Siggie
Photobucket